Monday, January 25, 2010

787 and 747-8 First Flight Update

Flightblogger is reporting that ZA001 should return to the air by the end of the month (I presume he's talking about end of January). He also said that ZA002 should also be back in the air very shortly. This is on top of the news that I learnt this weekend that ZA004 should be in the air by mid Feb. and ZA003 should fly by the end of Feb. In 5 weeks there should be 4 787s flying around.

Also a source has told me that the 747-8F (RC501) should fly on Sunday, Jan. 31st or 6 days from now. I still have no word on how the gauntlet testing went on that airplane. Given that Boeing has an earnings conference call on for this Wednesday, I wouldn't be surprised if they make some sort of announcement around that time about the 747-8 first flight as well as more info on the 787 flight test program.

No comments: